Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving, Dad and I set to work. Dad already had the old toilet removed before I discovered what he doing.
No worries though, I made sure he was under close supervision thereafter. I watched as he tightened the bolt down on one side of the toilet. I saw the little round plastic cover that fits over the bolt set off to the side and popped it into place.
While Dad was adjusting something else and with no further instruction after just watching Dad do it, I grabbed the ratchet, walked around to the other side of the toilet, set the ratchet on the other bolt and started turning. This plumbing thing is fun.
The toilet is installed and working well. We love Toto toilets with the soft close lids. Mom says something about the lids being gentle on little fingers.
I've been watching some new-to-me videos on construction equipment and I think I'm going to start saving some money for my very own dump truck.
I'm officially hanging out my "Plumber for Hire" sign to help in the efforts. Tell your friends. Call me.
