My birthday is on December 20th, however in order to make sure Mom stays sane through the end of the year holidays, I have a party on my half-year birthday. This past Saturday I had a birthday party!!! I love parties!!
Last week when asked what I wanted to have to eat at my birthday party, I replied, "Cupcakes." Mom said I could have cupcakes, but I also needed to pick something more healthy to eat like grilled cheese sandwiches or pizza. To that I replied, "Pancakes." And that was that. Paul arrived Saturday morning to cook banana pecan pancakes, bacon and sausage all served with sides of maple syrup, blueberries, strawberries, blueberry pomegranate juice, orange juice, and coffee (well, the grown ups had coffee).
Yummy!
My friends Sydney and Lena were there to help me eat and celebrate,
as well as their mom a.k.a. Mrs. Leah, and their little brother Christian. He liked my balloons.
After pancakes, I opened presents.
Lena helped me open Tinkertoys from Granny Linda and Grandaddy.
Mom gave me some wool socks, a fleece zip-up, and a headlamp for hiking and camping. I LOVE Sydney and Lena's Nerf guns.
Now I have my own! Reloading the dart is serious business.
The Livelys gave me a cool sandbox - an immediate hit with all of the little critters (Sprout even had a taste).
After playing outside in the sandbox, we were ready for cupcakes and ice cream!
I love blowing out the candles and cupcakes make me SMILE!
Bellies full of pancakes and cupcakes and shoes full of sand, the Livelys headed off for the rest of their afternoon adventures and the rest of us turned our attention to the cool new tree swing gifted from Granny Linda and Grandaddy.
After a few shouts of "Paul, you're a monkey!!", I helped Paul hang the tree swing from one of the maples in our front yard.
WEEEEEE!!!
To top the day off, Grandaddy brought his chainsaw and we cleared some of the wood from the fenced in area of our backyard. I love helping.
We made quite a team and knocked out our work in a little over an hour, even pausing to watch a garter snake wiggle through the leaves. Hopefully he found a home in the new wood pile we made on the other side of the fence.
My birthday was fun, Fun, FUN!!! Nap time was good. Then I was back at it...
flying my Tinkertoy airplane and all grins!













