An Intro from Mom

On May 12, 2007 closed in the privacy of my bathroom I found out I was pregnant. The weight of knowledge that my life (and most likely my body) would never be the same was overwhelming. I was excited and scared all rolled into one (and still am!)

Thacker will do his best to share with you his adventures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Dude Has Got Skills

Look an apple! Yesterday I turned 16 months old and I am so much bigger than this apple now, it's ridiculous! See how I tower over this school bus? The school bus is new to me. Mom scored it at the consignment sale a couple of weeks ago. I get so excited in the morning and afternoon when the real school bus goes up the road and stops with its flashing lights just where I can see it. My school bus has flashing lights too. Mom says it won't be long before I'm getting on the school bus. Mom made me include this picture because she loves how cute my fingers are wrapped around my apple. Whatever Mom. As I'm munching on my apple, my faithful sidekicks are never far.

Did you catch a glimpse of my shiner? On Sunday morning while standing in the kitchen, Mom asked me if I was ready for my nap. I was beat and ready to zonk out so I took off running down the hall, tore through my bedroom doorway, went to round the corner around the big bed to get to my crib and CRASHED into the rocker. The rocker won that round. I've been poppin' some arnica montana homeopathic pellets and that shiner is almost gone. So no worries, okay? In addition to running, I have been racking up my list of skills especially the last couple of days. Here's an abridged version (really...there is so much more):

  • I can climb onto the sofa in Mom's office.
  • I can climb onto Mom's recliner in the living room and sit like a big dude.
  • I can climb onto the chest at the foot of Mom and Dad's bed and then ally oop onto the bed.
  • Move over Senna. I can flop into the butterfly chair in Mom and Dad's room.
  • I can go up and DOWN the stairs all by myself.
  • I can walk Senna on her leash in the yard. Sprout is too much of a spaz.
  • I can throw toys through the deck pickets, watch them drop to the ground a story below, and declare, "UH-OH".
  • I can stack Senna and Sprout's food bowls when they're done eating and hand the bowls up to Dad to put on top of the table out of harm's way.
  • A couple of weeks ago I got sick again and we had to use the nebulizer for a week. I almost never watch t.v. Mom broke out the Baby Einstein videos to help me sit still through the nebulizer treatments. Once the treatment is done, I get up and DANCE! Watch out Fred Astaire!
  • I can stack my squishy blocks and stack my round wood circles on their stick.
  • I can color with crayons.
  • I can drink through a straw - especially love smoothies from Little Dipper downtown.
  • I can drink one of Mom's yogurt smoothies in a big cup.
  • I am learning to repeat words. This weekend I said "cheese" and "shoes". Tonight I said "poop" as Dad took out the dogs. Mom says everybody poops.
  • I can move my blue step stool in front of the window in my room, climb on top, and get a better view.
  • I can move my blue step stool into the middle of the kitchen floor, climb on top, stand, and declare "TA DA!"
  • I love to play peek-a-boo and say "BOO!"
  • Today I climbed on top of my blue step stool, reached the doorknob to Mom and Dad's room, and let myself in.
  • Today I stood a couple of stairs up and turned the light switches on and off, on and off, on and off while looking at the ceiling light fixtures and laughing.
  • Today I pulled and pushed and pulled and pushed the dining room chairs and climbed into them.
  • Today while Mom was in the kitchen she heard a velcro RIP, instantly realized what the sound was, and turned to look down the hall seeing an empty diaper midway down the hall and my naked bottom disappearing around the doorway of my room.
  • I still drool.