An Intro from Mom

On May 12, 2007 closed in the privacy of my bathroom I found out I was pregnant. The weight of knowledge that my life (and most likely my body) would never be the same was overwhelming. I was excited and scared all rolled into one (and still am!)

Thacker will do his best to share with you his adventures. Enjoy!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekends Hanging with the G-People

On May 30th, Mom dropped me off at Granny Linda and Grandaddy's to stay with them for a couple of nights while she went on a mini-roadtrip to visit with Jessica, her super cool L.A. friend, while she was on the east coast in Alexandria, VA. I had the perfect spot to have a drink with Ernie and Humpty and had lots of fun batting at the balloons. Granny Linda and Grandaddy said that I was very busy.

The following weekend we headed out to see Grandma and Papa. I talked to the fish, spun the flower, peered through to the other side, figured out how these lights work, was crowned king for the day (courtesy of the huge bucket o' toys), chitchatted and lounged with Dad while we watched the boats on the lake, had a little lunch dockside, suited up in my new life jacket, chilled with Dad while the boat was prepped, and headed out for open water with Papa at the helm. Within minutes of hitting the water Mom and Dad thought I might be sick. My eyes got droopy and I started leaning over on Dad. Then they realized the boat was lulling me to sleep. I was out for a bit, popped back to life, took another little catnap and then was ready for some dinner. Guess I'll have to work up to staying awake for the whole boat ride before I take over driving.

I wonder what adventures this weekend will bring?