An Intro from Mom

On May 12, 2007 closed in the privacy of my bathroom I found out I was pregnant. The weight of knowledge that my life (and most likely my body) would never be the same was overwhelming. I was excited and scared all rolled into one (and still am!)

Thacker will do his best to share with you his adventures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Winter Chores and Fun with Food

Way back in January, we had a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Paul's house.
Paul and I took advantage of the sunshine, re-purposed some Christmas trees, and worked on mulching around the blueberry bushes with pine boughs. As typical with this winter, the next Friday was a snow day! Mom and I donned our snow pants, coats, hats and mittens and headed for the hill in front of our house. We had several good runs;
we shoveled some snow; and then it was time to make a snowman. This snow was not the best snowman building snow. It kept breaking apart so we redesigned our approach and made a snow woman blob.
We utilized some of our CSA share to  give her some facial features: corn stalks for hair; a parsnip for her nose; a strip of banana peel for her mouth (okay. so that's not grown locally. but it worked in a pinch); some sticks for her arms; a couple of beet slices for eyes; and a big dude smile. You can't beet, er um, beat that!