
I'm sitting here having my bedtime snack and I'm thinking there was something I wanted to tell you.

Still gnawing on it...Oh yeah! Here's today's story. I woke up this morning and Mom was all grins. She kept singing some little ditty to me - something like, "Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you." When I toddled in to wake up Dad, he said "Happy Birthday dude!" I was thinking to myself, "Ok guys. Whatever. I have no idea what you're talking about, but if it makes you happy, I'm fine with it." Like usual, Mom and I ate our breakfast, I played, and I went down for my morning nap. Naps are good.

When I woke up, things were amiss. First I saw the balloons. I went and grabbed one right away. I love balloons!

While I was enjoying my balloon and checking out my new teeth, I looked around and all of my grandparents and Aunt Niecy started poppin' in the door. We also had this huge spread of pizzas (the spinach one is my favorite), dog bone-shaped PB&Js, veggies and fruit all over our dining room table. Check it out (we're all in the pic except for Granny Linda and Sprout).

I was happy drinking my apple juice and chowing on some pizza. We all ate and chitchatted. Everyone was about done with their lunch when Mom comes from the kitchen with this flaming thing.

Now everyone was singing that Happy Birthday ditty. The flaming thing had my name on it and Senna and Sprout were on it too.

(I found this pic Mom must have taken before it caught on fire. See Senna and Sprout?) Enjoying the attention, I was taking it in stride and awe. Secretly I thought Mom was going to burn the house down and me too! Thankfully she blew it out before I was engulfed in flames. Once the flame-throwers were safely removed from the slab, Mom cut it into pieces to make sure it wouldn't catch on fire again. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the slain "T" placed before me so Mom handed me a little nibble of the outer layer.

This is where things start getting serious.

Once I got the taste for chocolate...

I slid that "T' within reach of both of my hands

and hardly came up for air.

Who has time for pictures when there is plainly some serious chocolate business at hand?

Mastication at its best.

Euphoria! I think the next time Mom and Dad wake me up with "Happy Birthday", I'll jump for joy! Believe it or not, there's much more to tell about my big day. I'll tell you more tomorrow after I sleep off my birthday cake coma.