An Intro from Mom

On May 12, 2007 closed in the privacy of my bathroom I found out I was pregnant. The weight of knowledge that my life (and most likely my body) would never be the same was overwhelming. I was excited and scared all rolled into one (and still am!)

Thacker will do his best to share with you his adventures. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Financial Investing 101

With the economy officially in a recession now, I've been sitting here in the office today zoning out and pondering about the best way to start saving for my college fund. Mom has been talking to me about socially responsible investing. I'm thinking I might look into funds that support lizard or frog habitats. Reptiles and amphibians have been around for thousands of years - maybe a good sign of a stable investment. Mom's Kermit the Frog t-shirt always makes me smile. These dinosaur (a.k.a. BIG lizard) pjs keep me really warm on the 20-something degree windy nights of late. From where I sit, I don't see where I can go wrong with this strategy. I'll keep you posted. For now, I'm going to do a little more research.