An Intro from Mom

On May 12, 2007 closed in the privacy of my bathroom I found out I was pregnant. The weight of knowledge that my life (and most likely my body) would never be the same was overwhelming. I was excited and scared all rolled into one (and still am!)

Thacker will do his best to share with you his adventures. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Local Hormone-Free Turkey for Me Please

Hey there! It's been a busy week so I'm just getting around to telling you about my first Thanksgiving (well other than last Thanksgiving when I was peering at the pumpkin pie through Mom's belly button and poking her trying to get her to send some down to me).

While I was hanging out at Mrs. Leah's on Wednesday, Aunt Lelley arrived at my house. Mom and Aunt Lelley went to Blacksburg to make their annual pilgrimage to Virginia Tech's campus, have lunch, and do a whirlwind bit of shopping. After driving up from Raleigh and cruising to Blacksburg all in one day, Aunt Lelley was tired. Senna and Sprout were happy to cuddle with her on their bench.

On Thanksgiving Day, Mom, Dad and I went to Uncle Dean and Aunt Cyndi's house. Despite abbreviated naps, I was my usual happy-go-lucky self and had a great time. I love my Aunt Neicy! Between her and Aunt Lelley, I'm gonna be a dancin' dude. Aunt Cyndi, Gramma and Aunt Neicy were being silly; Mom was taking the picture; and I'm wondering who's workin' on dishin' up my pumpkin/chocolate/cheesecake dessert? Mom says maybe next year... BTW, I'm mastering the use of my sippy cup (and my tongue). Every once in a while Mom gives me apple or orange juice in my sippy cup. Mom has to pry the cup from my fingers those mornings. No worries - the plastic is BPA free. Mom is always looking out for me. Aunt Cyndi and I had fun petting Dante. Mom says Dante looks a little scared. I don't know what she's talking about.Papa and I had fun playing with my toys and Aunt Cyndi's bananas on the countertop. Hey Papa? I'm sizing up the distance. Do you think I can make my car jump over to the other countertop? After eating, I was sleepy and so was Dad. Uncle Dean was kickin' it and watching football. On Friday, I hung out with Aunt Lelley while Mom was fixin' up the turkey and then... Granny Linda and Grandaddy came to my house to have MORE turkey. I even had some pumpkin pie and Goodberry's custard. Yummy! Oh my goodness! My belly was still pokin' out on Saturday from all the good food we ate. Thanksgiving is fun!