For 21 years, the neighbors on Arlington Road in Roanoke have been gathering for a fall party. This year Mom and I got an invite from our friends Todd, Sarah, Grant and Emma Baumgardner to join them. We were delighted. We started out the evening by joining in the parade from one end of the blocked off area to the other.

The costumes were fun. I had fun wagging my tail. After enjoying the wonderful potluck dinner, it was pinata time.

I had fun whacking the old witch and quickly caught onto picking up candy that scattered across the ground upon the final demise of the witch.

I sat very still for my first face painting...

a baby, tiny pumpkin.
Goofiness ensued when Emma found a pair of crazy eyes.

Emma is my babysitter.

Todd is Emma's dad and Mom's good friend.

What a goof am I!

After tearing up and down the street on an older kid-powered wagon ride,

we settled around the "campfire" and played and sang old classics. Grant (on the left and Emma's older brother) played his fiddle. Emma sang along. I played the drums and Mr. Naumann (on the right) played the guitar.

